Saturday, November 24

Thanksgiving Lunch

Thanksgiving actually went really well, mom and dad spoke to each other with arguing or being awkward. We stayed till about 330 (eating lunch at 1) and then went on our way. Everything was really good, Grandma made turkey and stuffing, mom made sweet potatoes, fruit salad, cranberries and green bean casserole, and dad and I made mashed potatoes. Mom and I both brought dessert. I actually hand made Apple Crunch Crumble Pie. It was so good and I felt like such a good housewife being able to make something from scratch. Well... not all scratch. The top lattice crust is actually puff pastry, but I did slice it and place it myself. Jack cut all the apples for me, which was very very sweet. Everything came out really well it was just a little bit sour, because of the apples... but I didn't know how to fix it. Here's a delicious picture:



I went to Thanksgiving with my henna'd hand and everyone seemed okay with it. Dad and Grandma were a little strange but it's just temporary. Speaking of tattoo, mom decided to get her henna permanently tattooed on and Alex is actually getting his first tattoo tonight, just 8 days after becoming 18. I at least waited 5 months.

No comments: