Wednesday, November 21

Another boring day

Not much to say today. I stayed home most of the day while mom and Alex spent some quality time together, doing Geography quizzes, tests and my literature unit book assignment. I actually got a lot done and am very proud of myself. One more good day of solid school work should pretty well get through my Thanksgiving break to do list.

After testing myself until I was stupid earlier I decided to get out of the house and go to the henna tattoo place with mom. I didn't realize this was someone's actual home, but whatever. Mom got a really cool vine/leaf pattern covering her scar and then talked me into getting one too. I chose a very traditional bridal design on my right hand that goes up a little past my wrist. For optimal results you must leave it bandaged for about 12+ hours and then scrape the clay off and try to get as little moisture as possible on it. Since I decided not to shower today, I MUST shower tomorrow - which now means that, for optimal results, I need to have Jack shower me with my right hand hanging out of the shower... interesting. He said that'd he would do it though. I took some pictures of my now bandaged right hand and I'm really excited about seeing the results, hopefully optimal. I'm sure I will regret this on MOnday when I have to go back to my conservative school, but at the time I was thinking about I didn't have any more practicums, I have 6 days off school (even though this should last 21 days) and that it didn't matter what the school thought. I just hope I like it. I'll post final pictures later.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving! Good Food! Yay! My plan is to get up about 9am and thaw the pie dough, slice the apples and try and make everything without needing to wash my hands...

No comments: