Tuesday, November 20

Thanksgiving Vacation

Well, today is day #1 of my 6 days off of school. I usually try to post everyday but I have really had nothing to say. Yesterday, Monday, I went to school till 1230, went to the dermo at 2 (Jack came with) and then had lunch at Chipotle about 330. And... I'm pretty sure that's it.

Today we got up and chilled around the house and then had lunch at Mi Cocina with Mom, Grandma and Alex. I have also been working on my Library Materials Literature Unit. A literature unit is a "theme" basically for a teacher's lesson plan. My unit is over the Solar System and I have to pick a grade level, I chose 2nd grade, and find books that go with my unit. They all have to be based on the Solar System and I need to find a variety that could be read before/during Math lesson, Social Studies lesson, Science lesson and Literature lesson. Very cool and very useful. The students are supposed to enjoy a single theme for the week and be better able to relate different subjects to one overall idea, such as the Solar System. Here are a few pictures of the painting process...







I am in love with my little moon. Alex said "Damn, that is the moon." I know. The pictures really don't do the Earth or moon much justice. It is by far my best arts and crafts project ever. Here are more of the final project: close up of the perfection that is my silver spray paint sprayed on via old toothbrush for that perfect uneven spray, and of the title...





And here is the actual final project... (well, minus the list of books included in my literature unit)




Cool, huh? I try to post everyday, but sometimes I really don't have anything to say - at all! We'll see if I do anything tomorrow worth writing about.

No comments: