Friday, November 16

Long night

So last night wasn't bad - when I met Jacky in the parking lot to head to Fireside Pies, I was bitchy to him. I informed him that taking my car to the car wash was now on his list of husbandly duties. I was being bitchy and annoying and he was asking me what's wrong and I told him that I didn't always have to tell him everything that was wrong with me, people are allowed to be upset sometimes. Then he informs me that again it is part of his husbandly duties to figure out what's wrong and try and make it better. I thought that was sweet, those husbandly duties are starting to pile up I think.

We met Vicki and Kyle (can't ever remember his freaking name) at Fireside Pies. It was delicious, but I ate wayyy too much, and then Vicki ordered dessert! Geez. It was very good though, one of the better places they've taken us in quite a while. The point of this meeting on our side of the world (they live about an hour away) so for Jack to look at their Mac and try and get things straightened out. He did of course but I was forced to sit and make small talk with Vicki while he dealt with Kyle and the computer. The strangest thing happened! All of the sudden I felt a major onslaught of diarrhea! It was intense and the only thing I could do was go to the bathroom! I felt bad because Vicki had to use the bathroom before they left and despite the facts that I flushed many times and left the window open to try and get a breeze going, I'm sure it still smelled. Oh well, it is my house, right?

Then Jacky and I stayed up for an hour or so just talking about Science, genetics, plagues and useless body parts. It was very interesting. Once we got in bed he told me that I had a hidden "smart" side that I've been keeping from everybody. On one hand that's true - I don't like to put in my comments too often because being genius's like Jack and Howie are, they always have a retort that makes my comment feel small (does that make any sense?). But on the other hand he is wrong, but I haven't always known this information and hid it from him, I am just now learning about it in SCI 3003 class and then researching it more because I find it incredibly interesting. I'm kinda weird like that.

Today is Alex's 18th birthday! I am very happy for him. It is Jack's duty today to get Alex in the referral program at Apple and then ask Casey (the boss) when the next hiring is going to be done. Hopefully it's soon because we are all really counting on Alex getting a job there. He could make a career out of it like Jack has. And they'll get to see each other more often and have lunch together. I think it will be great! So... we'll see. Tomorrow is the big paintball party and dinner, I think it's at PF Changs. Sounds great to me! I sent him a text saying Happy Birthday. I think I'll hand make a card and I need to get out to Obscurities or just Hot Topic and buy him some earrings for his bday gift. That's what he said he wanted.

No comments: