Tuesday, November 6

Registration is fucked up

Registration is so fucking lame. It seems that schools try to make taking more than 1 class at a time difficult. The degree plan is set up so that you must take this class before these 5 classes and you can't take these 6 classes until you've been accepted to the Teaching Program but you have to complete an entire list long of requirements before applying to the Teaching Program. I've only made it more difficult on myself by taking classes from 2 different schools and transferring credits back and forth; which confuses the advisors just as much as me. At the present time I am fucking stressed out about registering on the 16th for Spring 2008 classes because here's the problem: I have to be accepted to the TP to register for EDUC 3003 and 3001, but before being accepted I need to take EDUC 2003. I am taking 2003 this winter at Richland but it won't be completed and on my transcript until almost the time Spring starts... do you see the prob here? It needs to be completed AND on my transcript to register for the other 2 classes NEXT WEEK. I'm not totally for sure that it won't let me register, but my advisor just informed me that I will be dropped at the very beginning of the semester if it's not on my transcript. Jesus christ this couldn't be more difficult. And to make matters worse - TWU registration is on the 16th but Richland registration isn't until the 20th... if I can't sign up for the classes that I want for winter I need to completely rearrange my schedule so that I am able to take those classes another time...

I have seriously put way too much thought into this. But it really looks like I'll have 16 hours (I know it doesn't sound like much but it's actually 7 classes) this semester, about 13-16 hours next semester (and anything that didn't fit in this semester) and then... it's STUDENT TEACHING and masters classes! Yay! I'll have 36 hours of Master's level classes to take after all this. Hopefully I can take 18 hours each semester and get it over with in 2 semesters. That is my plan for the next... 2 years. God I hope I survive.

No comments: