Tuesday, November 27

Ahhh... breathe...

Well, registration is over, thank god. I did exactly as planned - got to school about 7am, in the building and up to the MecaLab by 710, encountered first problem - MecaLab doesn't open until 730, waited, got in at 730 and got a seat. I continued to check my shopping cart and everything was still great. Registration started at 8 so by 7:56 I was constantly clicking 'Submit' on all my classes, well it finally accepts some of them about 8:03 but I had this damn ART class that conflicted with my other classes. My biggest concern was this Music class because there were only 2 spots left and both Bonnye and I wanted one. On the first click of trying to get ART out of the way so I could enroll in other classes, I saw MU drop to one spot left, and on the second click, it was gone. That fast. Bonnye didn't get in either.

In the end my schedules not too bad. I managed to get into 7 classes at TWU and have already signed up for 1 through RICH. I emailed the teacher of the MU class and he seemed really nice. I asked if he was planning on accepting Waitlisted students and he said that if all 3 of his classes filled up he might. Well, 2 are completely full but 1 still have 20 spots left to go. So, prob not. He did say that he was offering it in the Summer, which is good, but I have the slot open this semester, so I would rather take it now rather than sitting in the library doing nothing. Oh well.

Schedule starting Jan. 14th is as follows:

Monday: 8-11 (READ 3473) / 1-220 (EDUC 3003) / 230-350 (CSCI 3002)
Tuesday: 11-1220 (EDSP 4203) / at Richland READ 4463 (4-650)
Wednesday: 1-220 (EDUC 3003) / 230-350 (CSCI 3002)
Thursday: 11-1220 (EDSP 4203)
Online: HIST 2332 (at Rich), ART 3032 and EDUC 3001

In case you care what these capital 4 digit words mean - the actual classes I'm enrolled in are:
READ 3473 - Oral Language and Early Literacy
READ 4463 - Reading Assessment and Instruction
ART 3032 - Essentials of Children's Art
EDSP 4203 - Learners with Exceptionalities
CSCI 3002 - Advanced Computer Technology
EDUC 3003 - Learning Theory and Development
EDUC 3001 - Integrating Technology for Eff. Lrng.

Shitty things include: large break on Monday from 11-1, Tuesday altogether sucks ass, and driving 45 minutes each way just to go to one 1 hour and 20 minute class on Thursday.
Good things include: I am taking many classes that will help me have a small semester next semester (aka my last semester in class), I only have to wake up early one day (Monday) and I have Friday, Saturday, Sunday off! Can't beat that!

So, all in all, I'm pretty satisfied with my schedule. I would like to be enrolled in that MU class, but that means I'm in 9 freaking classes again and don't know if I really want that again. The READ's are pretty time intensive and I'm in 2 this upcomeing semester.

Trying to put pictures on all blog posts now. Here's another one from an application on the Mac called PhotoBooth. It's just a picture taker but you can apply neat things to the pics. This one is comic book. Pretty neat.

No comments: