Wednesday, December 5

Jack's Birthday Dinner

Well, Jack's birthday has come and gone. We had the huge birthday dinner for 16 people at PF Changs and it went really well. Everyone seemed to of enjoyed themselves, and I was able to calm down and relax and enjoy it also after mom ordered me a few adult beverages. Everyone was there except my grandma who decided at the last second after getting in her car and heading this way to not come because she's scared of driving in the dark.

Mom and John Burt seemed to hit it off unfortunately. They were very flirty/talky at dinner and at the last second he decided to come over to our apartment for after-dinner-festivities when he found out she was coming. They sat at the desk and chit-chatted the entire night, watching people get injured in YouTube videos and rap videos. I kept an eye on them and about 11pm they both left - TOGETHER! I made some rude comments to mom about leaving together and her getting gum on the way out and I was afraid that she'd get upset at me but then I decided that she already knows my opinion of her dating/fucking Burt and that I have always had a crush on him. If anyone should be mad it's me! She's the one that blatantly flirted with him all fucking night RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!! I tried not to care, because I have the best husband in the entire world, but still - despite that fact that I like him, it's still strange of your fucking mom to date one of your good friends! Especially after I explicitly told her that I was not comfortable with it!! Bitches. What am I gonna do? I guess forget about it. I'm for sure not going to call her and ask how it went. She didn't have a car here, so I'm assuming that he drove her home... interesting... better not have...

It's well past midnight and I need sleep, thank god I don't have to be at school at 8am tomorrow. Teaching Math II is over - I accepted my B grade and am not taking the final. I think that's 3 classes down - 5 to go.

No comments: